Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Assignment #6: Polar Opposites


My goal of this assignment was to focus on and compare the polar opposites of single and fire. I wanted to capture one individual light that shines brightly and multiple lights that shine together. I think I did very good at capturing that one flame however, I feel like I could improve on the many lights. I felt that the lights should have been closer together and that there should have been more but there wasn’t much I could do. Although the polar opposites are suppose to be single and many, I feel like 2 photos can have many polar opposites. For example, I think these images compare real and fake or natural and unnatural as in light. The fire is a real and natural source of light but the lights are made with other materials like glass and are more unnatural.

I feel that the polar opposites, single and many, are not thought about as much. Many think about water and fire, moon and sun, light and dark, but I feel that single and many are important opposites. To me, the photos somewhat compliment each other because I see a group of people that are the lights and one individual that is the flame. I can see the two photos put together with the flame in the center and the lights surrounding the flame. I think polar opposites come together because like a magnet, you can’t have two similar things together since it makes the whole thing look plain. However, opposites attract and two opposites bring more style and contrast together.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting idea. I was looking at this more as single light and multiple light.

    ReplyDelete